Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More on the Organic piece

I asked a friend of mine to critique the piece, and not pull any punches.  If she thought it was not good, or could be improved to say so.  She is a lot smarter than I am, a long time teacher of jewelry making and a writer of articles on jewelry making.  Well, I can't tell how pleased I was when her critique was positive and encouraging.  As a result of her report, I am planning several additional pieces along the same organic line, and I hope I will be able to finish one before the weekend and post it.  I am very much taken by the nature illustrations by Ernst Haekel of tiny organisms, although reproducing these in faux bone or metal is far beyond my skill level.  But, I can use some parts as inspiration to make something which looks organic. Let's hope I am successful!

Thank you new followers and to all who have been curious about my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment