Saturday, March 5, 2011

Drill/Wire Gauge Size Charts

There are several places on the internet where you can find these helpful charts. Two of which I find particularly helpful can be found at:

www.nancylthamilton.com/

and,

www.monsterslayer.com

I use Nancy's more than the other.  Nancy's doesn't show drill sizes for wire gauges smaller than 26.  If you should ever need to find a drill for 28 gauge, or 30 gauge, Monsterslayer's chart does show them.  28 is a No. 83 and 30 is a No. 87.  These sizes are available, but they are expensive.  I don't know why an ordinary jewelry maker such as myself would ever need these sizes anyway.

Today it has turned cold. Winter has returned.  So my efforts at improving my workspace goes on hold. Thus, I hope to finish a faux bone piece for your viewing pleasure, which, if I get enough natural light, I will put up either today or tomorrow.  No promises as it is pretty dreary outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment