Saturday, February 12, 2011

Faux Bone in progress



Shown are pieces of faux bone in various stages of completion.  Some still have to go through the sanding cycle of 240, 320, 400 and 600 grit wet and dry sandpaper, plus a final polishing before adding, as Robert Danzig says, "information" to the surface.  That's any stamping, texturing,  or color, etc.

I should have included a scale in the photo to give some indication as to size of the pieces.  The oval pice in the middle measures 1 3/16ths inches.  It will probably end up  tad smaller when finished.  I really want to try and finish the bottom piece tomorrow.

Hooray!  The snow is melting!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Me like ;o))
    I hope to see pictures of a neckless... :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kreativbua. I hope to post some soon, but I"m kinda slow.

    ReplyDelete