Saturday, June 22, 2013

What I've been doing, etc.

Hello folks, back again with a long overdue post.  A cordial welcome to new followers who apparently found some interest in the blog.

I decided to go back to experimenting with Faux Bone.  One of the experiments resulted in a request for a tutorial, which I wrote, but is hanging in limbo in a "hold and review file.  The way my luck goes it may linger there for an eternity.  I may get paid and again I may not.  I've written another tutorial, but this one, no pay.  Notoriety, maybe.  That I can do without.

My experiments incorporated the use of alcohol inks, trying different ways of application.  Some, but not all are shown below.




And again below, the reverse side of the above.


These free form shapes are cut from 1/16" Faux Bone, and will become reversible pendants.

As shown, they are not finished.  I will drill a jump ring hole, insert an eyelet, and jump ring, then string them.

I've also, experimented with some other types of pendants that I can't show or tell about as these have tutorials written.  When and if either get published, then you can go to the sources and view them.

Anyway, hope you like these as there's some others in the works and I won't bother and maybe waste my time doing tutorials.

Hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment