Saturday, June 29, 2013

Alcohol Ink and Faux Bone



Shown are a few alcohol inked tiles of Faux Bone.  There are innumerable ways to apply ink to Faux Bone and the above barely scratch the surface.




The procedure I use for the pendants-in-progress shown in the previous post, is to draw a free-form shape and cut it out, saving the cut out piece.  If this piece is too ragged, I use it to redraw it on another piece of paper and cut that out.  The open piece is moved around on the tile to find an attractive or interesting area.  Then, I tape it in place with one piece of tape.  The other form is place inside the other and it is taped in place.  The open form is untaped and removed.

Next, I saw around the taped on form, moving or removing tape pieces as needed.

Why do all this?  I don't know!  It's just my method.  By doing all this, shapes can be repeated again and again if I want to do that.  Call me crazy, I don't care.  But don't call me late to dinner!

Next post, I will be experimenting again with a different coloring process on Faux Bone with the usual free form shapes.

Until then be well and for American followers, have a Happy Fourth of July!





No comments:

Post a Comment