Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dimpling Pliers, Again



Explanation:  Leather cord loop end with a brass sleeve secured by placing two dimples into the sleeve.  One millimeter dimpling plier.

One of my so-called resolutions was to take better photos.  This isn't one of them.  But I think you'll get the idea for another use for a dimpling plier.

On another note,  take a look at an amazing video.  http://www.ganoksin.com/  and scroll down menu to Bench Tube, click on Watch Videos.  Then click on 3 Dimensional.

And, speaking of videos,  if you would like to watch some basic jewelry making videos, take a look at Nancy L T Hamilton's videos at http://www.nancylthamilton.com/

She is a kind of funny lady.  I get a kick out of watching.


4 comments:

  1. Great use of the pliers. Thanks for sharing.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to find your blog. Learning and playing with tools and wire is so much fun. One of my goals this year is to learn more about metal work. Just yesterday I was looking at dimpling pliers and will be ordering a pair soon. I look forward to reading your blog and looking at your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Linda for your kind comment. Dimpling pliers re fun to work with as you can vary the depth of the dimples and are so much quicker and easier to use than a hammer and punch.

    ReplyDelete