Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Homemade Plier Rack




The Lindstrom RX pliers which I use for wire work have never fit satisfactorily on any commercial rack that I am aware of, so after years of fiddling with various means of storing them, I finally hit on the one shown in the photo. It's roughly made, but it works. That's the main point. Everything you see in the lower photo of the rack is from scrap wood and aluminum angle.

The rack is adequate to hold all the pliers I use in doing wire work, plus pearl tweezers and a crimper. The overall dimensions are approximately 13 1/2 x 7 1/2 x 4 3/4 inches. The aluminum angle is 1 x 1 inch.

I will probably add a couple of knobs on the outide of the two upright pieces to make it easier to transport.

Next time, bench improvements.

2 comments:

  1. ok it seems to works with my caos-desk!
    I use a shoe box for my plies:( so friday i'm going to brico center to make my personal pliers rack
    thnx for sharing this experience
    Cris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Cris. Hope it works out well for you.

    John

    ReplyDelete